Chinese handset maker Xiaomi has begun rolling out the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM to select devices starting with Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2. The Chinese company has already revealed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM over-the-air (OTA) update will be restricted to just a few devices and will see a steady rollout.
This usually means that Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2 users may either wait for the official OTA update, or can manually download and install the OTA file if they wish to use it immediately. For additional supported Xiaomi devices, the business has confirmed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM will be available by end of this month. You can check here if your Xiaomi device is supported for your MIUI 9 update.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max two users ought to have begun receiving the MIUI 9 via an OTA update over the weekend, and they all have to do is wait it out patiently for a notification. They can alternatively even check in their Updater app, to determine if the update has arrived or not.
Here’s the Way to download and install MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi smartphone:
Before starting on with the flashing process, Xiaomi users should make certain their battery is above 60 percent and ought to take back-up of their programs and multimedia content to be on safe side. Xiaomi smartphone users will have to download Recovery or Fastboot bundle depending on the ROM version. If you are running the Developer ROM, then download the Retrieval package with . Zip extension or alternatively those running the stable ROM should download the Fastboot package with . tgz extension.
For those who have the Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max two can download and install the corresponding ROMs from Xiaomi’s website. Follow the below highlighted measures about how to download and install the MIUI 9 Global Demo ROM.
This list will be updated with new MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM links as Xiaomi makes them available.
1) Before fastbooting, users have to have the bootloader unlocked. They’re able to do it by switch off their devices and then press and hold down volume and power button simultaneously, it must power up the phone with fastboot display.
2) Users can connect their phones with USB to PC, click Refresh button in flash tool program and it should show device ID. If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers posted here. Extract the fastboot ROM downloaded, to a folder on PC.
4) Click Select and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click Flash.
- Forza Motorsport 7 Currently available for Xbox and Windows
- The Way to secure your digital life, according to VP of Norton Security
- Nokia 5 3GB RAM Variant Launched in India: Price, Specifications, Release Date
- Huawei Mate 10 Guru Images and Price Leaked Ahead of Launch
5) It will begin flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending upon the PC and device. Users should note that they can’t remove their device while flashing.
How was your experience installing MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM on your smartphone? For more tutorials, go to our How To section.